Monday, October 24, 2011

The Domestic Arts - 5 Key Subjects

This blog is just getting on its feet, and I've been thinking a lot about how to best explain the Domestic Arts as I see the subject. I've narrowed it down to five categories, with the home serving as the hub. I thought it would be fitting to present the concept in e-sampler format.


I am going to approach this project by focusing on five major areas, which will probably tend to overlap somewhat:

Home - Your physical shelter, maintenance, cleaning, and the concept of "home"

Food - Nutrition, recipes, cooking, food science, healthy eating

People - Hospitality, sharing things from your home with others, manners

Money - Personal finance, budgeting, frugality

Fabric - Clothes, decorating, sewing, knitting, laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment